domingo, 22 de marzo de 2009

Back to old times...

This post is dedicated to Binha, a very good friend of mine:


Hey, you asked me to write a post about my adolescence...well here is:

When I was younger I wanted to be a rockstar. Playing cello was not my dream, and not my favourite instrument. But I learned some music theory. I used to hang out with some friends at school, and some day we decided to start a band. I quited playing cello, and started to took some bass clases. Obviously it didn't work, but it was quite interesting, and it kept us dreaming. After some months, I started University and I never heard again of those old friends. Nevermind.
I continued playing bass during my studies but never too seriously, until one day I started another band with some other friends. This one was better, because we really tried to play some pieces, and we were a bit better.
Diving in internet I found my old band website. If someone asks me for the address I'll give, but i'm not posting it here, because I don't know if the other members are alright with this...(some pictures are really old!)


Well, after some years, I decided to start my adventure abroad, so I went to Brest to finish my studies. Then to Paris, and there, I had the pleasure of start a new band with some good friends. I think this band was my most complete experience as a rock amateur. We were really good friends and we played well. I still have some records we made, but as I said before, I'm not posting them because I don't have any permission from the others.


Last summer (european summer) we quitted the band, because everyone one of us took a different way. Now i'm in Brazil...will I start another band?
Att.
Ignasi

3 comentarios:

Anónimo dijo...

Hey Man, thanks a lot for this post. Your are a good friend for me too. This post was a nostalgic flashback of my adolescence, cause I want much to be a ROCK STAR, but I never play a instrument, only a BASS in my university, nothing like u.

You will have a new BAND and "nothing else matters"...

Kisses and Hugs!

Your friend,

Binhá!

Marieta dijo...

Ploraré...
What a canya!

Anónimo dijo...

Ei, Ignasi, què tal? He entrat per vore com et va la vida.
He llegit este article i m'has recordat massa a este tipo:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGM7PsXGkgg&hl=es
Vinga, vaig a continuar llegint...
Que vaja bé!!!!
La germana del Tonio.