domingo, 16 de noviembre de 2008

Barcelona I

Holas sapos y princeses!
How are you? Last friday I saw an architecture masterpiece...one of the most impressive buildings I've ever seen. The Sagrada Familia of Gaudi. Wow...when i saw it for the first time I said that: wow...I don't remember if it was this word exactly, or something like: "Ei collò! i l'hostia quanta pedra!!!!" (wich means: ohhh! what a great amount of stones...more or less). I always have known Sagrada Familia only by postcards, but being there standing in front of the gate, was different. Gaudi was a genius. But this is something that everybody knows. You can also visit La Pedrera, Casa Milà, Casa Batllò, etc...these are buildings designed by him..


I could't took any picture because It was night and there's no flash that can light all the building...but i have to go there again by daylight, and you'll see my pictures here in your favourite blog (or not...). Here you have a picture of the Museum of modern art of Barcelone, and one of a little street near the Cathedral.


Anyway, I went with some friends to watch Barcelona by night. We met at the Spain Square's Fountain, also know as the singing fountain. And from there we went to Sagrada Familia and we try to get to the Agbar's Building. But after some minutes walking, we relaized we got lost (it wasn't my fault...i was the only one who was visiting Barcelona for the first time...), so we decided to go to eat and drink sangria (typical spanish...y olé!). We went to the end of the Ramblas to dinner in a typical tapa's bar. Unhappily no flamenco, no guitar concert...but good sangria anyway (not as good as mine of course...). If we had been in Valencia, I now of a few flamenco bars, we could have been. We stayed a little in that bar talking and drinking sangria. After dinning, we came back home, because I had to fly to Nice quite early. I'll explain in the next post that flight. See you!

No hay comentarios: