domingo, 29 de noviembre de 2009

Beheaded Giant II

Hello again, it has been a long time since the last time I wrote something. So it's time for a new post. About the last news...I have been to Floripa a week ago. It was raining, as almost everyday here. Anyway, I decided to go to the beach, to see one of the Floripa main atractions. After a long bus route, we arrived to Lagoa's Station. This station is located near the lake , and it has a very animated nightlife. The lake is divided in two by a small road that is easily jammed making cars go slowly. From Lagoa's terminal I took a second bus to go the Barra da Lagoa beach, but finally I decided to go to Praia Mole, following some colleague's advices. Praia Mole is a beach for young surfers and contrary to what I have been told, it wasn't crowded at all. I thought it was because of the weather, that made baywatchers put the red flag prohibiting to take bath and provoqued big waves threatening to cover all the shoreline. Indifferent to the black clouds that were announcing a storm, I decided to walk in the sand, where sea and land meets. I was walking there, feeling the fresh humidity of the beach, when I saw in the distance a lot of stones that looked like if they were eroded by the sea waves. It seemed to me that those stones were throwed there by some forces of the nature long time ago. Regardless of the risk I decided to aproach to the stones to watch them better. As I was approaching I realized that the stones may have a form, a shape. The whole set of stones looked like a giand body that had been dismembered and petrified. I started to feel unconfortable and my mind started to play me some tricks, trying to imagine what could happened there and weaving a fantasy. If I founded the body there must be the head somewhere. I started to climb the rocks, with a mixed feeling of fear, curiosity and precaution, I didn't forget that a storm could appear anytime. Surrounding the dismembered body I made my way to the top of the rock and I had a shiver. I found the head of the titan. In front of me was the hideous head , dreaming with what we'll never know. Who knows if he was waiting a moment in the future to wake up. All those thoughts passed in my mind really fast while paralysed I observed the scene. Before turning around, I swear I heard a moan and from the corner of my eye I saw the head frowning. I started to descend the rock and while I was coming back I was telling myself that it was the sound of the sea against the rocks...or not?

No hay comentarios: