sábado, 3 de octubre de 2009

Brazil vs España!



Parabens Rio!
Congratulations Rio!
I'm a little bit sad, but also happy because after Madrid'2016, Rio was my favourite city.
Everybody who knows me, also knows that I hate Madrid, but as Spanish, I think Madrid 2016 could be a good thing. Of course there's always the corruption, and the false politicians. As a Valencian I know a lot about it. But unlike the America's Cup and the F1, olympic games have an ideal of peace, of superation behind them. And they are far more interesting, since there are a lot of different sports, that the 2 other minor competition (minor in the interest they stir me). So in my humble opinion, it's far better for a city to hold the Olympic games rather than other competition motivated only for money.


The fact that surprised me is that in Brazil, as in Spain, there are big rivalities between the cities. And the small interest they had in the olympic designation. I thought it was only Spain's speciality to hate another city, wanting it not to hold the competition. But in Sao Paulo, I found people that were not happy with that new. Some of the opinions they told me were:

-It will cost a great amount of money that we have to pay!
-Politics will take all of the money!
-Athletes will be assaulted!
and so on...

In fact, all of them are the typical "paulista" stereotypes against the city of Rio or the politics. Such a beautiful city as Rio, will be cleaned, and rebuild to hold the games. So I think athletes will have nothing to fear. Paulistas exagerate the dangers of Rio, even if it's still not a 100% safe city. Of course the BOPE will have some work to clean the city!

About the politics...what can I say? I'm valencian, so maybe spanish people will understand. I know that in every great event the rats take part of the cheese. But if it haven't been in Rio, the rats of Madrid had taken it...so I prefer corruption out os Spain! Better in Rio heheheheheheh.

As a curiosity, the mayor of Rio is a spanish descendant...of Madrid! so it was quite curious for him to fight against the city of his grandfathers!

1 comentario:

Claudia dijo...

First of all: Who cares about Rio??? Cariocas themselves (and only them) of course! oh please don't tell me "congrats rio won", i'd rather hearing "i'm sorry". I'm with your paulista friends, there'll be a bunch of rats eating on the huge amount of money that should be invested in improving the city structure, besides the violence...oh, not to mention that!!
I'd rather not to.

Besides, the city "garbage" will be broadcasted to basically THE WHOLE WORLD, and we'll sadly hear nonsenses like "oh look how chaotic BRAZIL is !!"(remark: not RIO, but stupidly generalizing the entire country)- "chaotic transportation system! chaotic traffic!! chaotic people!! gooooddammn poor people robbing, stealing on streets, parking lots at noon!!! ohhh my Gooood I'll never go to that country!!" (reminding remark- yes, the world WILL generalize us all, liking it or not, THEY WILL, they always do and always did).

Therefore all I have to say is...I am sorry for this sad and unfortunate "victory".